What is Placenta Encapsulation?
Placenta Encapsulation allows you to enjoy the benefits of your placenta after birth. Your placenta is cleaned, steamed, and dehydrated. It is then put into capsules, making it easy and convenient to consume. It’s as simple as taking a vitamin, allowing families to enjoy the many reported benefits.
Why encapsulate with Welcome Baby KC?
Samantha is the only Placenta Specialist in the Kansas City metro who has completed the extensive training by the Association of Placenta Preparation Arts (APPA). APPA offers the most rigorous and extensive placenta arts training available. Samantha is also trained in, and follows, OSHA guidelines to ensure that her work is safe, reliable, clean, and sanitary. You can rest assured that your encapsulation process will be smooth and seamless, requiring little effort on your part. Your placenta capsules will be expertly prepared and promptly delivered to you.
How does the process work?
- After making the decision to encapsulate your placenta, fill out the registration form and pay the deposit to reserve your space on the calendar. (Balance is due by 39 weeks.)
- Around 1 month prior to your due date, you will receive a Transport Kit in mail with everything you need to safely pack and store your placenta after birth.
- After your baby’s birth, you’ll get in touch with Samantha and let her know when your placenta is ready for pickup. Samantha will come to retrieve your placenta.
- Encapsulation takes less than 48 hours, and then Samantha will deliver or mail your pills to you, along with a postpartum booklet with instructions and information.
- Over the next two weeks, we’ll keep in touch to ensure everything is going well.
Please see the FAQ section for more details!
Reserve your due date!
- Decreased risk of “baby blues” and postpartum depression
- Faster postpartum recovery
- Enhanced milk supply
- Increased energy
- Regulation of postpartum hormones
- Increased iron levels, thus a decreased risk of anemia
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA due to the nature of this service. Welcome Baby KC makes no medical treatment claims. Services provided are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition. Families who choose to utilize these services take full responsibility for their own health and product usage.